We're hiring - Join our team!!
Charleston Baby’s Away & Beach and Games To Go are sister companies – established within the same location servicing many of the same customers. Our office is located in Mount Pleasant.
Charleston Baby’s Away
Charleston’s #1 baby & beach equipment rental company for 27 years. We rent and deliver baby gear, to include but not limited to: cribs, toys, joggers & kid beach wagons.
Beach and Games To Go
Charleston’s premier party/beach game and beach equipment rental company for 9 years running. We rent and deliver beach gear and party games, to include but not limited to: outdoor ping pong tables, cornhole, bocce, beach chairs, umbrellas and cargo wagons.
Together we provide rentals for vacationers as well as corporate events, weddings, and parties. We have provided quality baby equipment, beach gear and party game rentals to the Greater Charleston Area for over 27 years. We partner with many of the vacation rental companies, hotels, Airbnb’s, VRBO’s and other private rentals.
Check out our Google Reviews – customer service is our top priority!
Flexibility is key to our fast paced environment with a fun and exciting opportunity for those seeking a full or part-time position.
We’re seeking a motivated individual to assume the Operations Coordinator position, handling business operations and logistics for both Charleston Baby’s Away & Beach and Games To Go.
The position begins at $22 per hour.
- Manage daily office operations: i.e. scheduling, invoicing, and customer service
- Coordinate with property managers/owners and local residents regarding timing and access for delivery and pickup of rental equipment
- Work with corporate & event planners regarding special events
- Plan daily delivery and pickup routes with our team
- Supervise logistics of equipment loading into appropriate vehicles & trailers
- Deliver beach and baby equipment to Charleston vacationers, including setup and breakdown
- Maintain and clean equipment for inventory and quality control
- Handle customer inquiries and resolve any issues that may arise
- Hire both seasonal (10+) and off-season employees (1-3)
- Coordinate social media and other marketing channels to promote business
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in office management and/or customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift 45 pounds and perform physical labor as needed
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- As a small business, we value adaptability and the ability to handle a diverse range of responsibilities
- 35-40 hours per week, with most Saturdays and some Sundays being required during primary season (April to August)
- We’re willing to work with a flexible or a fixed schedule
- Fast-paced, dynamic office/shop environment – every day is different!
- Our deliveries go to Sullivan’s Island, Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, Kiawah Island, Downtown Charleston, and other locations with incredible views!
- Our normal business hours are Sunday thru Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm. Flexibility outside these hours is needed, especially during peak season and on-call times.
We’re looking for an Office Assistant to join our team. As an Office Assistant, you will be responsible for daily office operations and supporting our team in delivering beach equipment, party games, and baby gear to vacationers in our area. You will work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is important. Adaptability is key as we are a small business that requires flexibility.
- Making phone calls and writing texts/emails
- Overseeing orders from start to finish
- Processing credit card payments
- Communicating with rental companies to manage property access for our delivery drivers
- Organizing the shop
- Tracking inventory
- Assisting with rental equipment cleaning and upkeep when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Experience with social media, inventory management, and/or website design is preferred but not required
- The job starts at $16 per hour. Opportunities for additional responsibilities and compensation are available after a 30-day review
- We are located on Ben Sawyer Blvd in Mount Pleasant
- Full or part-time position is available; 10-30 hours per week
- Our normal business hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Fixed or flexible schedules are available!
Delivery Driver - Rental Equipment
We’re seeking motivated and detail-oriented individuals for part or full-time responsibilities of rental deliveries for both Charleston Baby’s Away & Beach and Games To Go. Our office is on Ben Sawyer Blvd. in Mount Pleasant.
- Deliver beach and baby rental equipment to customers vacationing in our area
- Load/unload and setup equipment using good safety practices
- Clean and maintain rental equipment
- Organize shop inventory
- Support management with daily office operations
- Opportunities available for additional responsibilities and compensation, based on skill sets!
- Must be in good health and able to physically carry up to 45 lbs. (a crib)
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Starts at $16+/hr. + monthly bonus potential
- Fixed or flexible schedule available
- Great opportunity for STUDENTS – we can work with your school schedule
- 10-30 hours per week (or more depending on your availability)
- weekdays and/or weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Background check & clean driving record required
Equipment Prep/Cleaning Associate
We’re seeking detail-oriented individuals for part-time or full-time responsibilities of rental equipment management / cleaning for both Charleston Baby’s Away & Beach and Games To Go:
- Responsible for cleaning & upkeep of the beach and baby rental equipment
- Must be organized – for equipment inventory & throughout the shop
- Great part time to full time opportunity
- Hours will vary according to demand – business is seasonal, and very busy March / April through August / September – minimum 10-20 hours per week (more depending on availability) including some weekends – year round potential position
- Will work with flexible schedule
- Starts at $15+/hr + monthly bonus incentive
- Can assist with deliveries & office tasks if desired
- Background check required
Weekend Warriors - Part-time Drivers
We’re seeking drivers for part-time hours delivering rental equipment for both Charleston Baby’s Away & Beach and Games To Go:
- Driver (utilizing company vehicle) – $15/hour
- Driver (w/ personal vehicle) – $18/hour **For Saturdays on Memorial Day through Labor Day only**
- SUVs/Trucks/Vans are preferred due to space needed for loading / transporting equipment
- Driver (w/ personal vehicle) utilizing our company trailer – $20/hour **For Saturdays on Memorial Day through Labor Day only**
- SUVs/Trucks/Vans are preferred due to space needed for loading / transporting equipment – w/ 2 inch trailer hitch ball
Days & Hours:
- Saturdays and Sundays from 9 AM – 4:00 PM (hours will vary according to demand – business is seasonal)
- Drivers are needed mainly for Saturdays – open shifts may be available on Sundays
- Potential for more days/hours based on your availability
- March/April through August/September – 5-15 hours per week (or more depending on your availability)
- For drivers using personal vehicles – Saturdays in late May through early September.
- Deliver and pick up baby and beach equipment, including setup and breakdown
- Must be in good health and able to physically carry up to 45 lbs.
- Respectful, team member & provide excellent customer service
- Reliable & on time
- Driver’s license and insurance
- Background check & clean driving record